Anyone who knows me, knows that I love cucumbers. Like, a lot. Whether raw with just a dash of salt, pickled, skin-on or skin-off - doesn't really matter. So, when I found this article, I had to try at least one of the recipes immediately. And I'm glad I chose this one. It reminds me of the cucumber salad my mom used to make, though this one has a depth that makes it a knockout.
- Five (5) medium cucumbers, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- One (1) small onion, cut in half then sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- Two (2) Tbsps. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Additional salt, and pepper to taste
1) Mix the cucumber, onion, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, mix the vinegar, water, sugar, and paprika. Pour this mixture over the cucumber and onion, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.