- First, make this fantastic no-knead bread
- Three (3) - or so - Roma tomatoes, diced (about one cup)
- One medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup - or so - fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One (1) cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Two or three (2 or 3) cloves of garlic, diced
- Olive oil (not much)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut half of the bred into thin slices, then cut those slices in half. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Coat the tops of the bread with some olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic. Bake the slices for about ten (10) minutes, or until slightly browned.
2) In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion, basil, salt, and pepper.
3) Once the bread is ready, place a spoonful of the tomato mixture on each slice. Cover with the shredded Mozzarella. Return to the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
4) Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes, then serve.