- Eight (8) oz. extra firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- Six (6) oz. soy chorizo - I used Trader Joe's brand
- Two (2) Tbsps. olive oil
- One (1) onion, chopped
- Two (2) cloves of garlic, minced
- One (1) avocado, cut in half lengthwise
- Two (2) large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) Add the olive oil to a medium skillet on medium heat, and add the garlic and onion. Add salt and pepper, and stir occasionally until the onions start to become translucent. Add the tofu and soy chorizo. Turn the heat up to medium-high, stir, and let the mixture get slightly charred.
3) Place the mixture in the bottom of a baking dish. Put the two avocado halves side-by-side on top of the hash. Crack one egg in each half. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. (I do not like runny eggs, so I baked my eggs longer ... Too long, actually, as the picture above shows.)
4) Place an avocado half on a plate, add some of the hash, top with your favorite hot sauce (if desired), and enjoy!